Google+ Bree Bronson's Babies: Master Chef

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Master Chef

One thing I really don't appreciate about being home with the kids is cooking. I don't hate cooking per se, but the fact that I have to somehow come up with five meals every single day is exhausting. I'm no David Copperfield! And if cooking would be up to Husband we'd eat microwave oven meals or takeaway until we dropped dead from all the fat and artificial flavors.

This means that I've had to adopt a whole new mindset for cooking. I had to learn it from the start so I'll now share my aha moments in case they would be of any help to anyone. I'm no expert in nutrition or cooking but I assume I'm not the only one. So if I can do this, you can too.

1. Drop all the fancy stuff. Stick to basic food that requires reasonable effort. When the kids are at the grandparents and your friends are coming over you've got time to bake that fabulous cheesecake and all the other stuff you're brilliant at.

2. Make sure you got proper equipment. Good knives, pots, blender etc. make your life much better.

3. Cheat: frozen veggies, canned beans and so on will save you tons of time and are still fine and nutricious.

4. Kitchen is a cooking sanctuary. Cooking needs space. So do the ingredients. Choo computers, newspapers and what have you so that there's space to do the cooking work and store your indredients.

5. Be a bit of a hamster. Make sure you have basic ingredients in the cupboard (and freezer) for some quick meals. Will save your day, many times.

...says the lady who has just cooked three meals in two hours. That's food for us for the whole week. I mean for me and the kids - Husband never touches anything I cook. But that's another story.

1 comment:

  1. What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable
    familiarity on the topic of unpredicted emotions.|

    my webpage :: darmowy program pit 2014 [http://programpit-2014.pl]

    ReplyDelete

If you say it, I'll hear you.