Google+ Bree Bronson's Babies: My traditional hair

Saturday, November 10, 2012

My traditional hair


I've had long hair most of my life. By long I mean a length somewhere between my waist and hips. I've also cut it twice from that length to an almost boyish cut and had a really short hair in all imaginable colours in between.

My non-average hair (not only long, it's usually been red as well) has often generated comments and many people have (to me) surprising views about it. I've always thought it's fun to hear what people think when they see my head. And, sure enough, the comments build a pattern from country to country.

Here are some of my favourites:

Finland: "You're the Evil Hair Lady"
Kenya: "It's amazing, what's your secret? How come it's so long and healthy?"
Spain: "It's so red!"
Thailand: "It's so soft!"
South America: Nobody cares. They've seen it all.
Italy and the US: "Aren't all Scandinavians blondes?"
India: "Oh, long hair. So traditional!"

Different views on the world, I'd say. Have a nice weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you say it, I'll hear you.