Google+ Bree Bronson's Babies: The first snow

Saturday, October 27, 2012

The first snow

Finnish media is very reliable. Every autumn we can count on seeing the same headlines: "The first snow took everyone on the road by surprise! TRAFFIC CHAOS!"

This usually happens late November in Southern Finland where I live. What amazes me is that:

1. The snow arrives more or less at the same time every year

2. The weather forecasts do see it coming

...yet everyone's unprepared. Every year.

When the temperature drops below zero celsius, you definitely need proper winter tyres up here. So check out what I woke up to see yesterday morning. I didn't need to check the news headlines, I've seen the weather forecast. The lady next door was wondering how come all the places are fully booked so she can't get her car tyres changed. I wasn't too surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you say it, I'll hear you.